As the situation stands now
A statement was issued on 31st August, 2020 by the Hungarian Government that the borders of Hungary are closed as of 1st September. However, some exceptions were made, please find below a citation of the statement, that is only a part of the whole regulation, valid for non-Hungarian citizens intending to participate at an international competition in Hungary.
Provisions concerning non-Hungarian citizens:
The Provision states that in passenger traffic non-Hungarian citizens cannot enter the territory of Hungary, unless exception is determined by law or government regulation. Such exceptional case is when the person in question intends to travel to Hungary in order to participate at a sports/cultural/ecclesiastic international event of paramount importance.
A non-Hungarian citizen, who
- is a participant – not a spectator – of an international sports event held in Hungary,
- possesses an invitation letter (addressed to his/her name) issued by the official organizer of the international sports event held in Hungary,
- arrives by the invitation of a Hungarian sports organization or a national sports federation and
- is a competitor who has a competition license,
- is a sports professional,
- is a person taking part in the implementation of the sports event
We are ready to issue the necessary invitation for all foreign participants of the event.
By the numbers
Looking at the numbers we are optimistic about the event. The third wave appears to be declining and vaccination is increasing day by day.